Things to Keep in Mind when Hiring a Cybersecurity Consultant!
Running a business isn’t an easy task. It requires many essential activities to focus on – available resources, manpower required, setting goals, delivering services and managing the back end. Companies, at times, fail to notice the significance of the tech side for the smooth functioning and growth of their business. However, eventually, the need for companies to preserve themselves from cyber-attacks has evolved. Nowadays, data breaches are becoming more frequent and more concerning.
We are delving more towards a digital era and due to which the online world is skyrocketing, which inevitably leads to weaknesses and vulnerabilities in online systems. Furthermore, with the technology advancing rapidly, there is a rise in the risk of spamming, hacking attacks and black hat practices.
In this article:
- Who is an IT Security consultant?
- What can cybersecurity consultant do for your business?
- What skills and experience does your cybersecurity consultant require?
- What is the role of security consultant in your business?
- Why is cybersecurity becoming such an essential business function?
- How can cybersecurity consultants save you?
Who is an IT Security consultant?
IT security consultants assess software, systems and network for vulnerabilities. Additionally, create and implement the best security solutions for the needs of the organisation. Such security solutions must include both technical and techno-legal controls. The role of IT security consultant or cybersecurity is very vital for every organisation (whether government or private) to help prevent any security threats. Major threats in today’s Work From Home Environment are internal threats wherein employees steal or misuse company’s confidential data and create huge damages. Techno-Legal cybersecurity consultants can help in implementation of Techno-Legal Preventive controls for WFH to reduce such risks substantially.
What can cybersecurity consultant do for your business?
If you have a specific issue which needs to be addressed, then it would be wise to seek out a
cybersecurity law consultant. Companies are using sophisticated technology to hit specific targets, and the outcome can be missing data losing competitive advantage or system lockouts. When your company hires a competenttechno-legal cybersecurity consultant, then it can help alleviate these concerns. Cyber laws & Information Security Consultants is one of the well-known for cybercrime investigations in Ahmedabad, which can offer security checkup to assist you in initiating cybersecurity for your business.
Let us talk about the expertise or skills required by a cybersecurity consultant.
What skills and experience does your cybersecurity consultant require?
Cybersecurity is a diverse field wherein there is a lot more to cybersecurity law than a simple provision of IT support. For instance, you may require to engage an information security consultant to protect the data of your company. The most crucial thing when you are employing an IT security service provider is to address out a person or a company with proven experience and essential skill sets. The skill sets are mentioned below:
1. A stronghold over corporate confidentiality obligation.
2. Techno-Legal Background i.e. understanding of both cyber security and cyber law domains.
3. Excellent communication skills that can be tailored to various audiences.
4. Ability to identify emergent trends in data sets.
5. A keen interest in IT and stay updated regarding digital security environment.
Other than the above essential skills, ensure that the cybersecurity consultant should be able to guide you with government regulations of data protection. If your business isn’t compliantas per current cyber law and data protection laws, then you risk violating the legislations. Hence, the IT security consultancy company you hire should have the cyber law compliance related qualifications so that they can guide you through the compliance process.
A good cybercrime investigation company will help you to get everything in place to ensure the highest chance of success.
What is the role of security consultant in your business?
As we know that cybersecurity is very much essential to a business’ success, hence you should ensure that your consultant is overwhelmed solely on the digital health of security systems, policies and plans. Giving these responsibilities to a subordinate of your own company might not help in addition to their own duties. Hiring a professional consultant company can help you in attending many different areas of security. The areas that need the most attention may be identified through discussions and from the audit of current practices. The role of a security consultant is mentioned below:
1. Identify staff training needs; create and deliver training sessions.
2. Plan, organise and execute staff digital behaviour policy.
3. Develop or modify security routines and inspection checklists.
4. Offer advice related to system upgrades.
5. Recommend the IT team regarding best practices and current threats.
6. Audit and measure mobile device security, including network availability.
7. Link with clients and business partners to assess adjacent security risks.
8. Assure clients and customers regarding your cybersecurity credentials.
9. Cyber Laws & Data Protection Legal Compliance.
Ensure that your potential cybersecurity law consultants ensure that they have below factors:
1. Communicate cybersecurity concepts to anyone in the business irrespective of experience.
2. Has the knowledge of emergent cybersecurity trends, including recent threats.
3. Present an understanding of the cyber-data protection lawsand accompany business confidentiality.
4. Demonstrate initiative and curiosity of the role so that services are beyond checklists.
Cybersecurity encompasses risk management, information assurance and protecting critical technology. Its motto is to defend against electronic and web-based attacks. These attacks are often difficult due to the highly advanced techniques that are developed across the globe.
Even aminute error related to sharing sensitive data in an email or using an unauthorised portable device on a company’s computer can be enough to build an open portal for hackers. Such errors can be reduced through training, and establishing a culture of security with staff members. The four most common weak points for data security breaches are networks, systems, mobile devices and human error.
Why is cybersecurity becoming such an essential business function?
Companies eventually realize the real state of their vulnerabilities, but most of the time slow to address.
There are two general categories of cyber-attack:
- Data security breaches: These encompass theft of sensitive business information, and the data can be used to disable deals, expose confidential information or urge extortion attempts. Once an access point is initiated, it may take months or years before it is discovered.
- Sabotage: Sabotage efforts can be noisier and can be damaging to a corporate brand. These actions can include deletion or corruption of critical data, denial of service attacks or disabling infrastructure. The consequences of these attacks aren’t limited to financial losses alone. The most common results for affected businesses are:
- Intellectual property theft
- Compromise on brand/reputation
- Legal exposure/lawsuits
- Financial loss
- Loss of shareholder value
As governments started to establish regulations and consequences for compliance failure due to which businesses are finding it challenging. A cybersecurity expert can guide in navigating various requirements for each country of operation.
How can cybersecurity consultants save you?
1. Reduce risk and associated insurance premiums: If the recognisable dangers associated with cybersecurity can be decreased, insurance premiums would also reduce. Hiring a cybersecurity consultant can reduce the chances of uncertainties.
2. Protect against devasting financial loss: A cybersecurity consultant can control your expenditures by preventing cyber-attacks that can lead to devasting losses.
3. Conduct audits and backups: An accurate understanding of the cybersecurity risk can reduce insurance premiums.
Hiring a cybersecurity consultant or company!
Hiring a company with comprehensive experience in cybersecurity law and are skilled in discovering anomalies, observing traffic and taking necessary actions to avert a cybersecurity breach. Cybersecurity consultant can help to clarify your current situation and where you can improve. Consultants can also lay the base for proactive security measures like policy creation, staff training, preventive techno-legal practices, audit and regulatory compliance and data back-up production.
About Cyberra Legal Services
Cyberra Legal Services is one of the most trusted IT supports, cybersecurity consultancy and cybercrime investigation in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. We are a premier organisation in cyberlaw advisory, cybercrime consultancy, cyber law compliance audit, cybersecurity services, cyber forensics services and cyber training. Contact us today!